Lifeguard Staffed Beaches Transition to 'Swim at your own Risk' for end of Swim Season
August 07, 2019
|Contact: Emily Heller
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Date: Wednesday, August 7, 2019
WAUKESHA COUNTY LIFEGUARD STAFFED BEACHES TRANSITION TO “SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK” FOR END OF SWIM SEASON
(WAUKESHA, WI) – As lifeguard staff availability changes, the Waukesha County Parks lifeguard staffed beaches at Fox Brook Park and Menomonee Park will begin to transition to Swim At Your Own Risk (SAYOR) beaches beginning Thursday, August 15.
“Switching the beaches to all Swim at Your Own Risk allows us to extend the swim season for residents and visitors for as long as the weather will allow,” said County Executive Paul Farrow. “The park beaches are a great place to stretch out the summer fun before school begins.”
Swim At Your Own Risk beaches will be open daily from sunrise to sunset. Waukesha County park staff will continue to conduct regular daily maintenance of the beach, restrooms, and surrounding areas. Water quality testing will also continue, and water quality signs will be posted. All swimmers must stay within shallow water section only which is designated by rope and buoys. The designated roped area does not include the deep section at locations with docks/rafts/diving boards. Children require close adult supervision at all times.
2019 End-of-Beach Season Schedule: (Pending water quality and water temperature.)
Menomonee Park, W220N7884 Townline Road, Menomonee Falls
- Staffed with Lifeguards - 11am to 7pm daily through Wednesday, August 14 at 7pm.
- Swim At Your Own Risk - daily, sunrise to sunset, Thursday, August 15 – Monday, September 30
- Staffed with Lifeguards - 11am to 7pm daily through Sunday, August 25 at 7pm.
- Swim At Your Own Risk - daily, sunrise to sunset, Monday, August 26 – Monday, September 2
- Minooka Park, 1927 E. Sunset Drive, Waukesha – daily, sunrise to sunset
- Mukwonago, Park, S100W31900 C.T.H. LO, Mukwonago – daily, sunrise to sunset
- Muskego Park, S83W20370 Janesville Road, Muskego – daily, sunrise to sunset
- Naga-Waukee Park, 651 S.T.H 83, Hartland - daily, sunrise to sunset